The key to a chaos-free holiday meal is preparation. Get all your ducks in a row with these Thanksgiving hacks that will truly save your sanity.
The secret to a successful meal is having everything ready-to-go when it’s time to get cooking. Organization is key. That means:
- have all your veggies pre-washed and pre-cut
- have as many things as possible pre-cooked or slow cooking
- keep the counter space and serving space clean and efficient
Princess Pinky Girl has compiled a list of useful tips that will help your morning in the kitchen run smoothly. So much so that you might actually have time to watch the parade!
Here are some fantastic Thanksgiving Hacks to be thankful for!
- Prep your stuffing veggies ahead of time
- Serve the food buffet-style
- Learn some new tricks for the perfect pie crust
- Wash potatoes in the dishwasher
- Have leftover to-go packages ready to pack
- Use a cheat sheet to calculate how much food you need
- Make gravy ahead of time
- Tape recipes and to-do lists to cabinets with painter’s tape for easy reference
- Turkey done-ness chart tells you when the bird is done
- Put out dish pans and notes so guests know how to help clean up
- Slow cook the turkey overnight
- Save the pie with a foil collar
Visit Princess Pinky Girl for more on these great ideas.
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: For A Small Crowd, Try Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast