Chicken Fried Steak is about as classic a Southern dish as you can find, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. This recipe has it on the table in half an hour!
This is one of those dishes that really takes us back. Sunday dinners or dinner at Grandma’s would not have been complete without Chicken Fried Steak on the menu every so often. And while we know that Grandma always went all-out when feeding her brood, serving this dish does not have to mean that you are spending hours in the kitchen.
Recipe Girl breaks it down in an easy-to-follow, 30-minute entree that will surely take you back and have your family asking you to make this more often!
Here’s your ingredient list for tender and crispy Chicken Fried Steak with gravy:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1 cup + 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 large Eggland’s Best egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cube steaks (or round steaks pounded thin with a meat tenderizer)
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
Pop over to Recipe Girl for her complete recipe:
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Learn How To Fry With Perfect Results Every Time