When I’m entertaining, I love using my slow cooker (crock-pot) because it permits me to cook multiple items at one time. My crock-pot is my friend! 🙂
And baking potatoes for a large group is always a challenge…until now!
This small, red potato recipe looks delicious and is definitely on my list for my next, large dinner party.
Keep reading…this easy-peasey recipe is below.
SLOW COOKER PARTY POTATOES
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 sprigs rosemary, plus extra for garnish (tied together, optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- sour cream, garnish, optional
- Lightly grease your slow cooker insert with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk the rosemary, onion powder, salt and pepper together, and set aside.
- Place chicken broth in a glass or bowl and stir spices and herbs into it.
- Place potatoes in slow cooker and pour chicken broth (with spices and herbs) on top of them. Stir to combine and make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender.Note: alternately, you could cook on HIGH for 3-3 1/2 hours.
- Remove potatoes (discarding cooked rosemary) from slow cooker and serve hot, garnished with more salt and pepper, and sour cream, if desired.
Thank you for this lovely small, red potato recipe made for the crock-pot. This will make any meal a ‘hit’ and just in time to practice once or twice before Thanksgiving!
For a few home decor ideas, click here!