If you live near some woods, consider yourself lucky!
Not only are they beautiful to look at but they can offer such beauty even after a limb has fallen down.
Take a look at these (13) ways to use wood slices to decorate your home OR to make fabulous gifts for family and friends.
All (13) of these ideas would make ideal gifts. So, take note and start making your list because the holidays will be here before you know it!
1) Wooden Pencil Holder: Isn’t this clever? Use a thick slice of wood to hold pencils (or even pens). To learn more about this craft, click here.
2) Wood Slice Magnets: How cute are these? And so easy to make! Click here to learn more!
3) Wooden Chalkboard Wine Charms: Wine charms are really popular and not just for wine. Anytime you’re hosting an event, use this little markers to help keep everyone straight! Click here to learn how to make these for yourself!
4) Desk Calendar with Wooden Stand: This printable desk calendar with a wooden slice as its stand is very rustic and yet very cool at the same time. This would be the perfect gift for any friend who love the outdoors. Click here to learn more!
5) Chalkboards: I love my chalkboards. I love writing “words” of the season or greetings as friends and family come to visit. This really caught my attention – I can make this!! Click here for the full set of directions.
6) Wood Slice Coasters: When you see how easy these were to make, you’re gonna laugh! Click here to learn more and be prepared to chuckle!
7) WELCOME sign: ‘Tis the season and pumpkins are HERE!! YEAH 🙂 This adorable slice painted and decorated to resemble a pumpkin got my attention. It’s not difficult to make, I promise. So, click here to see all the steps!
8) Lazy “Slice”: Get it? Lazy slice…not lazy susan? Whew. Just checking. Click here to learn how to make this for YOUR home!
9) Wood and Burlap Wreath: I love fall but I think I love the wreaths even more! This is just beautiful and I cannot wait to make one. Click here to find out how.
10) Birch Bark Slice Placemat: What a great centerpiece to your table! These birch bark placemats are so rustic and natural that all of your guests will be buzzing. Click here to learn how to make these for your next gathering.
11) Modern Industrial Wood Slice Shelves: Now, here’s a project you literally can do in one afternoon. And that’s my kind of project! These wooden shelves are awesome. And wouldn’t they make great gifts? Click here to see how easy they are to make.
12) Wood Slice Mirror: If I ever owned a cabin, THIS would be in my entrance-way. This wood slice mirror is so unique. Love IT! Click here for the “how to.”
13) Log Slice Vase: How sweet and simple is this? This little vase is a must have for every season. Click here to see how to make this for yourself and maybe a friend.
Thank you, everyone, for sharing these incredible ideas using wood slices. They are beautiful and so creative! May God continue to bless you with creative ‘juices!’