For a winning side dish, make sure to add these perfect roasted potatoes into the dinner menu rotation. This technique guarantees success every time.
When we are looking for a tasty starch to add to the dinner plate, who doesn’t love a good roasted potato? But there is a big difference in a good potato and a great one. When we watched this recipe, we realized that we have been doing it all wrong. Now it’s time to turn the tables and start making the potato the dinnertime star.
As Serious Eats shows us, it’s all about the crust and I can definitely agree with that one. You want to roughen up the chunks of potato to develop a “mashed” coating before popping them into the oven. And be sure to take care with the herbs. You don’t want them to burn! This recipe solves our potato dilemmas and looks unbelievably delicious!
WATCH: Perfect roasted potatoes are crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside and oh, so flavorful.
Here’s your grocery list for the Perfect Roasted Potatoes Recipe:
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (4g) baking soda
- 4 pounds (about 2kg) russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters, sixths, or eighths, depending on size (see note above)
- 5 tablespoons (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil, duck fat, or beef fat
- Small handful picked rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful fresh parsley leaves, minced
Head on over to Serious Eats for the complete recipe, including “why it works”
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Back To Basics With The Perfect Chicken Cutlet
Thank you so much for visiting AllCreated.com. Be sure to pop over to our site regularly to see recipes, crafts, DIY & inspiration, chosen just for you. We post tons of new ideas every week!