If you’ve never cooked with soda before, you are missing out. Try grilled Dr Pepper Chicken Wings and you may never eat another wing flavor again.
You may love Dr Pepper for it’s zippy, vanilla-ish flavor, but did you know it’s legally not a cola?
Here are some other fun facts:
- It is named after a doctor, but after a re-branding, there is no longer a period after the “Dr”.
- Roanoke, VA is considered the “Dr Pepper capital of the world” due to huge popularity there. Most think that is because legend has it that the doctor for which it is named came from that region. The jury is still out on whether that is 100% true.
In any case, if you have never tried a dark soda like Dr Pepper, Coke or Root Beer in a BBQ recipe, you are in for a real treat!
Buy This Cook That has a fantastic wing recipe that uses a full can of Dr Pepper as the base for a wing sauce that is sure to delight even the most discerning wing fan. Try this out when you plan your next party or game day spread!
Here’s what you need to make Dr Pepper Chicken Wings:
- 12 oz can Dr Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 lbs fresh chicken wings
- 2 small packets of Sazon Goya seasoning blend (or 1 TB of salt-free all-purpose seasoning)
Pop over to Buy This Cook That for this recipe and other fun game day ideas.
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Cowboy Chili Recipe Straight From The Prairie