If you’re in search of a versatile recipe for the coming season, Kent Rollins has you covered. His Cowboy Chili recipe can be made with whatever meat you prefer and is slow-cooked to perfection!
Chili lovers often like to experiment with different meats, bean and spices. Pro cook Kent Rollins is no different, having made it with just about any meat you can imagine…even bear! Here he shares his beloved recipe with us, along with all of his tips on making the perfect pot, including how to make chili in cast iron. He truly is a wealth of knowledge and so darn funny, to boot!
Cowboy Kent‘s tutorial begins with a base of ground beef, but feel free to sub in whatever meat you may prefer. Use his suggestions as a guide and then add some toppings to make it your own!
Here’s your ingredient list for authentic Cowboy Chili:
- 2 pounds ground beef (wild game, chunk meat, etc.)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (10 oz.) can Rotel (we used chunky), drained
- 1 Rotel can water
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, drained (or your bean choice)
- Green Chile Chipotle Relish (available https://kentrollins.com/shop-1) or 3 – 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped or to taste
- 1/3 cup chile powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano powder
- 2 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp minced garlic
Click on “Show More” below the video for Cowboy Kent’s written recipe.
WATCH: Cowboy Chili, made just like they do on the trail.
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Cowboy Creamy White Gravy Recipe Is Liquid Gold