What does your front door say about you? This DIY Fabric Scrap Wreath says “I made this with my own hands to welcome you into my home. Isn’t it cute?”
Don’t you love it when you can look around your house and see things that you have created yourself? Those personal touches are truly what makes a house a home.
We love this fabric wreath idea because there are so many ways to get creative with this idea. Some of those that pop to mind are:
- use fabric from clothes that kids or grandkids have outgrown for a special keepsake or gift
- choose seasonal fabrics or specific colors for a holiday theme
- use quilting scraps
- choose team or school colors for the sports fan in your life
- take the wreath inside to add a handmade flair to any room in the house
- add other decorative accents like a wooden initial or natural element (bird, butterfly) to personalize even further
The Art of Homemaking walks you through the simple steps needed to pull this together. It really couldn’t be easier, and what a beautiful, personal piece of art you will have to enjoy.
Here are the supplies that you will need to make your DIY Fabric Scrap Wreath:
- Fabric scraps!
- Wire wreath form (found at craft stores, Wal-Mart, Amazon)
- Rotary cutter and mat (not required, but recommended as cutting with scissors will be time consuming)
Complete instructions can be found at The Art of Homemaking.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Paisley Gourd Chicken Is A Cheerful Addition To Your Kitchen