This is definitely one for the BOOKS!
CANDIED BACON CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!
Who knew bacon and chocolate chips would go so well together! I cannot wait to try this for my boys ASAP.
Keep reading for the full set of directions.
Gather up these ingredients and let’s get started on yet another incredible bacon recipe!
For the bacon:
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
For the cookies:
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg (whole)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Candied bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bacon in a single layer on a foil lined sheet.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon strips. Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy, making sure to turn bacon over after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack for cooling. Once bacon has cooled chop it finely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl with a stand mixer, cream butter with the white and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk to the bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Add flour mixture slowly and mix well.
- Add diced candied bacon and chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Scoop golf ball sized balls of dough (I use an ice cream scoop) on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the pan for a couple of minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Try not to eat them all in one serving! Store in a sealed container.
To follow along with the chef, here are her instructions and some photos to keep you up to speed:
Preheat oven to 350. Cover a baking sheet in aluminum foil and lay8 slice of thick cut bacon in rows on the aluminum.
3. Once cooled, dice candied bacon without eating too many pieces 🙂
4. Turn oven down to 325 degrees.
5. Cream softened butter and brown and white sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth.
6. Sift together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
9. Now time for the good stuff! Using a rubber spatula stir in chocolate chips and diced candied bacon.
10. Roll out jumbo cookie dough balls, 6-8 spaced evenly on a lined baking sheet, and bake 12-15 min.
11. And ENJOY!!