Soup makes everything better, doesn’t it? Whip up a huge batch of this easy roasted Butternut Squash soup and forget all your troubles and woes.
We like soup all the time, but it seems to be especially delicious this time of year. And there’s something so comforting about getting in the kitchen and mixing and pinching and stirring until we have the perfect harmony of flavors. This recipe from Food Wishes gives us all that we need to make this perfect bowl of soup. From how to safely cut a butternut squash to the best tools and seasonings to use.
Celebrate the season with a warm, sweet and spicy bowl of Autumn. And as Chef John tells us, don’t forget to “bless it with a sprinkle of cayenne”!
Check out the ingredient list:
For the sage brown butter:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6-8 large sage leaves (or a lot of tiny leaves like I used in the video)
For the soup:
- 3 1/2 pound butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- sage-infused brown butter
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or other vinegar)
- cayenne to taste
- creme fraiche and chive to garnish
Visit Food Wishes for the complete written recipe.
WATCH: Roasted veggies form the base of this easy, comforting Butternut Squash Soup
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Southern Classic Squash Casserole Is “Two” Cheesy