Don’t even think about buying that boxed stuff. Beer Cheese Dressing is so simple and puts a delicious spin on Thanksgiving sides. And there’s bacon in it!
Traditions and family recipes are wonderful, but if you don’t have a dressing recipe that you are married to, you must try this one! It starts with onions and fresh bread, not that boxed stuff, and soaks it in a flavorful medium-bodied beer! Then add cheese and bacon and more cheese and bacon and then the rest of the spices, broth and binders.
Holy cow! This dressing recipe will be such an interesting and hearty addition to your feast. We are thinking this would be great any time of year. Imagine with grilled chicken or brats. Make lots so you have leftovers!
Here’s your ingredient list:
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 1/2″ pieces, plus more for baking dish
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. medium-bodied beer, such as IPA
- 10 c. cubed French bread, dried overnight (from 1 lb. loaf)
- 1 c. sharp white cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Visit Delish for the complete recipe.
WATCH: This year, try Beer Cheese Dressing instead of that boring boxed stuff
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Pickle Biscuits Are Tender And Tangy And Perfect With Ham