Fall is here, and with it comes football, friends, and food! I’ve been to a lot of tailgates, and this is BY FAR one of my favorite things to eat while wearing my favorite football jersey.
Be the MVP of your next tailgate with these corn dog muffins. (and be sure to make plenty of them- they go fast!)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Hot dogs cut into 1″ pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, then whisk. Add and whisk eggs. Add and whisk buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk into wet ingredients.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray, then spoon the mixture into each cup.
- Place hot dog pieces in the cups.
- Bake for 8–12 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
- Let it cool, then serve with mustard, ketchup, or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!