These Banana Chocolate Chip Healthy Donuts Are Giving Me Dreams About Eating A Whole Dozen!
Donuts are of so yummy, and it’s hard to eat just one. And when I go back for the second one I’m still tempted to get a third. Now that I have the recipe for this banana chocolate chip healthy donuts from That’sSoMichelle I won’t need to feel as guilty about donut number four.
You have to try these!
1 cup Mashed Ripe Banana (Roughly 2 small bananas)
1/2 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 cups Spelt Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Using your electric mixer with the whisk attachment, add the mashed banana, sugar and greek yogurt. Mix until incorporated.
- Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla extra and mix.
- . Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the batter and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix!
- Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into a zip lock bag and seal shut. Using scissors, snip the bottom corner of one side of the ziplock bag to create your homemade piping bag.
- Grease your doughnut baking pan and pipe 3/4 full the batter into each doughnut mold.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool before eating.
You may also enjoy this DIY Cronut Recipe