You’ll Will Need A “Hot Now” Sign In Your Kitchen. This Krispy Kreme Donut Copycat Recipe Is Worth Waiting For.
Waiting for the Krispy Kreme Hot Now sign to come on can be like waiting for Christmas. Thankfully you won’t’ have to anxious anymore to taste warm freshly fried donut. This Krispy Kreme donut copycat recipe from Nurselovesfarmer will have you satisfied without having to leave your home.
- 3 packages yeast (¼ oz/7 g) or 6¾ tsp — I use Fleishmann’s quick rise
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 ¼ cups milk, scalded, then cooled
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup shortening
- 7 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Canola oil for frying
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla
- 6 -9 tablespoons evaporated milk (can substitute regular milk or water for milder flavor)
For the full instructions, check out Nurselovesfarmer