Do you love zucchini? Preserve the extra bounty with this quick recipe for Zucchini Refrigerator Pickles. They are a great substitute for regular pickles…use them on sandwiches, burgers and hot dogs!
There are many more options for zucchini than just zucchini bread and a dinnertime side. Why not give ordinary pickles a rest this Labor Day and try some of these zucchini pickles on your burgers and hot dogs?
Brown Eyed Baker has been up to her elbows in zucchini. First with these Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins, and now, refrigerator pickles. The recipe is simple and in just one day, you have sweet and spicy pickles that will take your harvest straight onto your fall table.
Your grocery list for Zucchini Refrigerator Pickles is:
- ½ cup water, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons + ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), sliced ⅛-inch thick
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced ⅛-inch thick
- 3 ice cubes
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground mustard
- 1½ teaspoons mustard seed
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional – adds some heat!)
Pop on over to Brown Eyed Baker for the written recipe.
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Sweeten Your Harvest With Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins