One of my favorite parts about visiting a seafood restaurant, like Red Lobster, is the delicious cheddar bay biscuits. These buttery balls of yumminess get my mouth watering just thinking about them. But no need to spend a lot of money, because now you can make your own savory treats right at home thanks to our friends at Gooseberry Patch. This copycat recipe for Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits tastes exactly like the real thing. But be warned, you’ll want to make extra because these little guys will go FAST.
The ingredient list is super simple. I bet you already have most of this in your pantry.
Here’s what you need:
Red Lobster Biscuit Ingredients
-2 1/2 cups of biscuit baking mix
-6 Tablespoons of butter
-3/4 cup milk
-1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I like to add a little more for extra cheesiness :))
-3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
-1/8 teaspoon salt
Follow these super easy steps from Gooseberry Patch and you’ll have a delicious treat in no time!
Red Lobster Biscuit Instructions
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine biscuit mix and 4 tablespoons of butter into a large bowl and mix with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture becomes crumbly.
3. Add milk, cheese and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder to the biscuit mixture and stir until combined.
4. Drop the batter onto a ungreased baking sheet in 1/4 cupfuls. You should have a dozen biscuits. (I like to use an ice cream scoop for this part)
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
6. While your biscuits are baking, melt the remaining butter and combine with parsley, salt and remaining garlic powder.
7. Remove biscuits from oven and brush with your butter mixture.
Follow along with our Gooseberry Patch friends in the video below as they make these delicious cheddar bay biscuits.
How easy is this? Did you try the copycat Red Lobster Biscuit recipe? Do you have any helpful tips to share? Let us know what you thought in the comments below!
credit: Gooseberry Patch