Crispy, creamy, sweet, savory and cheesy. Cheddar Sweet Corn Pie hits all the right flavor notes and is an easy side or potluck dish.
The next time you are at the farmer’s market, grab some fresh-off-the-stalk sweet corn and put this dish on the menu. It’s an old favorite that never seems to go out of style. The perfect accompaniment to all kinds of mains…chicken, fish or BBQ.
Thanks to Complete Recipes for this heavenly recipe. We love the combination of textures. The corn gives it a slight bite, the cream and cheese make it super gooey and the bread crumbs top it off with a salty crunch.
Here’s your Cheddar Sweet Corn Pie grocery list:
- 2 T butter (plus extra for the dish)
- 1 C finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 4 C fresh or thawed corn kernels (6 large ears)
- ⅔ C milk – I use half plant milk and half dairy milk or half and half
- 2 C (about 8 oz.) grated soft cheese – I use half mild cheddar and half fontina
- ¾ C panko bread crumbs
- 1 t kosher or sea salt
- ¾ t ground white pepper
- 3 T chopped fresh chives, optional
- 3 eggs
- Paprika (optional)
Visit Complete Recipes for all your instructions.
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: 6 Scrumptious Recipes For Slow Cooker Corn On The Cob