T-shirt Quilt Tutorial
You only need basic measuring and sewing skills to pull together a keepsake blanket. This T-shirt Quilt Tutorial shows you how to do it!
Trying to come up with a gift idea for a loved one? Well, if you have even basic sewing know-how, you can make a quilt! And even better… you can use your loved ones favorite old t-shirts to create a memory-filled keepsake that will last for years.
Quilting can be a daunting process for those who haven’t tried it, but this is a great beginner project. While They Snooze is giving you the complete step by step for creating this one-of-a-kind and personal gift. She explains that by simply using some basic materials, carefully measuring and sewing straight lines, you can end up with this wonderful, cozy blankie. What a special gift!
Here are the supplies that you will need as you follow this T-Shirt Quilt Tutorial:
- T-shirts. The amount of t-shirts will depend on what size quilt you would like to make.
- Fusible Interfacing that has glue on one side only. You will need enough to back each of your t-shirt squares plus a little trim excess.
- Large panel of fleece for the back of your quilt. It needs to be slightly larger than your finished quilt front.
- A sheet of batting the same size or larger than your quilt front.
- 15″x15″ Square Quilter’s Ruler (or whatever size you want your squares to be)
- All your regular sewing supplies… machine, thread, pins, scissors, rotary cutter, rulers, etc.
Visit While They Snooze for more shopping tips and the complete A to Z instructions.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: How To Make An Apron From An Old Man’s Shirt