Not only the voice of an angel, but a pretty mean cook too! We’re bringing you Frank Sinatra’s Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe and the story to go with it!
Frank Sinatra’s music is timeless and his fans cross several generational lines. Most probably know that while he was born and raised in Hoboken, his family was 100%, all the way Italian. What many probably don’t know, however, is that Frank once tried his hand in the food business, packaging and selling his Mom’s Marinara Sauce. Heidy from The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch brings us the story of how Frank used his celebrity to launch a jarred sauce, which was said to be his Mom’s signature recipe. It was launched at a private party at Morton’s and available in select California grocery stores in the 80’s.
Frank also shared this recipe, along with his favorite meatball recipe, in the WFBL Cook Book Of The Stars. We’re not sure if the “Mrs.” referred to in the clipping title refers to Frank’s Mom or wife, but either way, it looks like he was quite the connoisseur of some good Italian food! We don’t know about you, but we can’t wait to turn on some Sinatra, pour a glass of red and whip this up for dinner this weekend!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Spicy Italian Meatballs That Are Delicioso
Here are the ingredients for Frank Sinatra’s Spaghetti and Meatballs (adapted slightly by The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch):
FRANK SINATRA’S ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE
- 1/2 of a cup of olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1-28-ounce can Italian style tomatoes
- 1-28-ounce can of tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 pound of dried pasta
- Extra chopped parsley for serving
- red pepper flakes for serving, optional
- Italian grated cheese blend, optional
FRANK SINATRA’S MEATBALL RECIPE
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 of a pound ground pork
- 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 of a cup parmesan/ romano Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- kosher salt to own taste
- freshly ground pepper to own taste
Pop over to The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch for the complete backstory and recipe!
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: This Jackie Kennedy Waffle Recipe Was JFK’s Favorite
Thank you so much for visiting AllCreated.com. Be sure to pop over to our site regularly to see recipes, crafts, DIY & inspiration, chosen just for you. We post tons of new ideas every week!