Fortunately for us, this mom likes to find ways to make restaurant-style food at HOME! And one of her favorite places is Chick-fil-A…mine too!! And you’ll be so thrilled to learn the ‘secret’ ingredient that makes these nuggets from this famous chain all so wonderful. Keep reading for the how-to!
Here are the ingredients needed to make this amazing Chick-fil-A Nugget recipe – Copycat style:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Cup dill pickle juice
- ¼ Cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- ½ teaspoon celery start
- oil to fry with (I use peanut oil)
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Place in a plastic zippy bag and add the pickle juice. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- In a large plastic zippy bag, place the flour and seasonings. Seal and mix well.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and milk well.
- Heat about 2-3 inches of oil in a heavy-bottomed stock-pot over medium-high heat, until oil reaches about 350 degrees F.
- Drain the chicken from the pickle juice.
- Coat the chicken first in the egg mixture, then place in the bag of flour mixture, seal and shake well.
- Remove from the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Gently place in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate. Allow to drain about 1 minute.
- Serve hot with sauces.
This is perfect!! Thank you Modern Christian Homemaker for this simple chicken nugget recipe. My kids are gonna love you forever!