Addictive Nutty Roasted Broccoli Recipe Will Have You Begging For More…Really!
More broccoli? They are asking for more nutty roasted broccoli with lemon and almonds and you can’t believe your ears. But I swear to you…this recipe will have them asking for seconds…and maybe even thirds. Roasting caramelizes and deepens the flavors, Pecorino adds a touch of savory, almonds a bit of crunch and lemon takes the tang up a level. Honestly, this is so good, I have eaten this as an entree for both lunch and dinner…in the same day! Laura at A Beautiful Plate tells you all about how to make it. Scrumptious!
You probably already have most of these ingredients around the kitchen!
- 1 and ½ pounds broccoli crowns (roughly 2 heads)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- large pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons raw, sliced almonds (with or without skin)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 – 3 tablespoons freshly grated aged Pecorino cheese
- zest of half a lemon
Visit Laura at this site for the complete lowdown: