Don’t you love furniture that does double duty? This DIY Crate Storage Ottoman provides space for games, books and knick knacks, plus extra seating and a tabletop! And it’s made from craft store crates!
If you or a loved one have some basic skills with a saw and drill, this storage ottoman will be a breeze to assemble. Start with wooden crates from a craft store and make sure to use the coupons! With the discount, they should run you around $7 each.
Mon Makes Things shows you how she did it. You can easily customize to your space with your choice of paint color and fabric. This is a multi-functional piece, at a fraction of the cost of a retail store. And it’s one of a kind!
Here are the supplies you need to make your DIY Crate Storage Ottoman:
- (4) wooden crates (available at craft stores like Michael’s and Joann)
- (2) 8′ 2x4s
- (4) 2″ casters with screws
- (8) corner brackets with screws
- (12) 1.25″ wood screws
- (4) 1″ wood screws
- Drill with drill bit and driving bit
- sheet of sheet wood that is not plywood
- 2″ think foam
- polyester batting
- upholstery fabric
- heavy duty staple gun
- 5 make to match buttons
- poly upholstery cord & needles
- scissors, yard stick/tape measure
- semi-gloss paint, brush, drop cloth
Mon Makes Things has the complete instructions.
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Make A DIY Kitchen Island From A $5 Yard Sale Cabinet