Calling all grandparents! Next time the grandkids come over…surprise them with an indoor FORT! It’ll be a huge hit and offer hours of fun for the little ones.
Maybe it’s been a while since you last built a fort…so here are some tips!
NOTE: Find a place you won’t mind the mess and watch the young ones have a blast!
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be on your way to enjoying the greatest fort EVER!
1) Think through what you’ll need. Some chairs as your frame, blankets, sheets, pillow, maybe a sleeping bag for the floor.
2) Find a place that is somewhat out of the main walkway areas in your home.
3) Arrange the chairs with their backs facing inward and create a U shape.
4) Drape the blankets or sheets over the tops of the chairs to fully enclose this playtime fort. Use safety pins, chip clips or clothes pins to secure the seams.
5) Stack books (or other heavy objects) in the seats of the chairs to keep the sheets and blankets in place. And add boxes or other smaller chairs to create your entrance.
6) And last but not least…encourage the kids to name their fort. Be creative and make it your own!!
7) Cover the floor with blankets, or sleeping bags and pillows. Maybe even slide a lamp (or flashlight) inside for some evening enjoyment as well. Now, just sit back and watch your little ones enjoy their fort with some friends and some snacks.
Thanks, WikiHow for these simple instructions in how to build a fort our kids and grandkids will not soon forget!!
For some more fun with kids, click here!