Back to school is HERE! And it’s not just backpacks and books. It’s “Oh My Goodness, what will little Bobby eat for breakfast as he’s running out the door!” kind of awesomeness!
Fret no more.
Here are (9) fabulous breakfast ideas and recipes to beat the ‘back to school’ blues!
Like these ‘no-bake’ cheerio bars! Keep reading for all (10) ideas and recipes 🙂
#1) Nutella & Banana Roll-up: Makes (1) roll-up.
- Nutella – I use about 1 tablespoon
- 1 Banana
- Wholeweat Wrap (you can use whichever round wrap you like)
It’s that easy…spread the Nutella, add banana and roll. 🙂
#2) Honey, Yogurt & Cereal Parfait:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- a few teaspoons honey (to taste)
- ½ cup Cheerios + Ancient Grains cereal
- ½ cup pomegranate arils or any other fruit
- Mix the Greek yogurt with the quinoa and the honey.
- Layer half of the yogurt mixture into the bottom of a round glass. Cover with half of the cereal, half of the pomegranate arils, and repeat layers once more. Serve immediately!
#3) No-Bake Breakfast Balls: Click here for the full recipe.
But, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup of almonds (we used slivered, but you can use any)
- 1/4 cup of cashew pieces
- 1/4 cup of dried fruit (we used dried cherries, but any dried fruit will work)
- 1/4 cup of almond butter (+ 1 teaspoon of coconut oil – omit the coconut oil if you decide to substitute with peanut butter).
- 2 Tablespoons of Dark Chocolate pieces
- 1 cup of toasted granola
#4) Almond Butter & Banana Open-Face Sandwich: This is really quite simple and only requires a few ingredients. Click here to learn more!
#5) No-Bake Cheerio Bars: Click here for the full recipe on how to make these for yourself!
#6) 2-Step Breakfast Cookie: Prep time – 5 minutes / Cook time – 10 minutes.
- ¾ cup plain quick cooking oats OR 2 packets low-sugar strawberries in cream oatmeal
- 2 very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (if using plain oats)
- 2 tsp Stevia®, or your favorite sweetener (if using plain oats)
Click here for the details!
#7) Monster Green Smoothie: Just blend and go!
- 2 cups liquid of choice (we use fresh-squeezed orange juice, but have used coconut water and almond milk and both are great)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- boosts of choice (we use hemp hearts and chia seeds)
#8) The Breakfast Banana:
Here’s what you’ll need: (2 bananas makes 4 pops)
- bananas (Or try this idea with strawberries, pineapple, etc.)
- yogurt of choice (Wholesoy, Almond Dream, Silk, etc.)
- granola of choice, or crushed cookies or Healthy Graham Crackers
- add-on ideas: mini chocolate chips, coconut shreds, cinnamon sugar, raisins, etc.
- popsicle sticks or silverware to insert in the bananas
Click here for the step-by-step!
#9) Bacon, Egg and Cheese Waffle Sandwich:
This is all you need:
- (1) Package of Homestyle Aunt Jemima frozen waffles (14 ct.)
- (7) Large or extra large eggs
- (7) Slices of turkey bacon
- (7) Slices of cheese
- (2) Tablespoons of butter
- Salt & pepper
It’s fairly straightforward but to see the step-by-step recipe, click here!
For some more back to school ideas, click here!!