If you’ve never heard of Ree Drummond (aka The Pioneer Woman) – well, then let me introduce you to her! She’s AMAZING!!
I have her cookbooks and I’m telling you now…my husband gets very excited when I pull out her books to make a meal or dessert. So YUMMY!
Well, I just found this Apple-Pecan Mini Pie recipe and I started drooling at work. (That’s my que for it’s gonna be great) So, let’ get started!
Gather up these items:
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Dash Of Salt
- 8 whole Whole Wheat English Muffins
- 8 Tablespoons Softened Butter
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 whole Large Granny Smith Apple, Sliced Thin
- Pecan Halve
Follow these steps:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1) In a bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. set aside.
2) Split the English muffins and spread the halves with butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange the apple slices and pecan halves in a design on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
3) Place the muffins on a baking sheet and bake them for 7 to 8 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 1 to 2 minutes until the sugar starts to caramelize, watching the entire time to make sure the pecans don’t burn.
4) Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving. (Can also be served at room temperature.)
Thank you, Pioneer Woman for this incredible dessert to snack on! And you’re right…using whole wheat english muffins does make it a healthy snack. (at least it does in MY book!)