Wouldn’t you LOVE a closet that was organized and put together? I know I would.
Well, we all can with these 29 helpful and easy-to-do tips. With some creativity and some help from these lovely people, here are 29 ideas that are so stinkin’ adorable that I’m making my list ASAP!
My next couple of weekends are dedicated (now) to improving my closet life AND maybe helping my kids find the fun in it, too!
1) Use cute prints / cutouts / icons / labels for your child’s room and closet. This will make it easy (and more fun) as they learn to dress themselves.
2) Organize your child’s clothing for the week. Match-up their outfits in advance. This will eliminate so much stress as everyone is getting ready for school and work. No more playing the “guessing game” as to what to wear to school!
3) Paint hangers different colors to match the season. Organize by colors. This will help you remove fall/winter clothing to be relocated as spring/summer approaches, etc.
4) Make these clever “hanger tabs” to organize outfits for the week. They can be made from cardboard or even old CDs. *This helps eliminate the confusion…”What did I wear last monday?”
5) Use hanging boots and purse storage racks to help save space and to be organized. The clear bags makes it easy to spot the purse you’re looking for while along the way keeping it nice and clean.
6) Use pant hangers to keep your boots up off the floor AND looking tall! *Love it! 🙂
7) Use writeable tags to keep bins, hangers, boxes, etc all organized.
8) If you’re tired of looking for the matching sheet set WITH pillow cases, look no further. This tip is so simple. Place flat and fitted sheets plus one pillow case INSIDE the second pillow case. WOW! Then just grab and go!
9) PVC pipes come in all sizes…which can make great cubby-holes for TP or paper towels or bath towels. Well, for just about anything!
10) PVC also works well laying down inside your drawer. Organize belts, socks, underwear…whatever you need to keep straight!
11) Keep spare hangers in your laundry room. As laundry is ready to hang-up, you’ll have what you need!
12) Double your closet hanging space with this simple trick. Loop together 2 hangers by a soda can tab! DUH – why didn’t I think of that?
13) Ladders offer a very cool & rustic look to any room. And here the ladder can serve an awesome purpose by keeping items that might overflow (or just your favorites) from the closet.
14) And how cool is this? Paint an old ladder a fun color and hang it up! Store above, hanging from and below this work of art! Great for small spaces.
15) Repurpose old bathroom hardware to create this awesome DIY jewelry rack. *this is the kind of stuff that you might find at a Goodwill. I’m just sayin’!
16) If closet space is a minimum, consider investing in a really cute hanging rack for your extra items.
17) Finally…a cute spot for those missing socks to hang out (no pun intended)! *get it?
18) Pipe cleaners offer the perfect support at the edges of your hangers for those slippery / silky items.
19) Simply loop your scarves on a hanger to keep them nice and neat.
20) Or you can organize your scarves by hanging them on a string with clothespins. Maybe your closet or room has a wall that needs a little decor. Cute!
21) Install wooden dividers to keep sweaters, purses, or even towels in their own space. LOVE THIS! My towels are always leaning over and my purses never stand up nice and straight!
22) As the season change, so can your closet. Invest in these Ziploc Space Bags to tuck away items until next year!
23) If you’ve got extra wall-space in your bedroom or inside your closet, use it! Paint some old frames and create the perfect space for your earrings and necklaces.
24) Store your shoes in clear boxes. Keeps them clean AND easy to spot!
25) Purchase an old dresser just for the drawers. Place casters on the bottoms and they become the perfect (and adorable) under-the-bed, rolling storage containers! *Note: if you have cats..like me…this is where they will hide and sleep. You might consider covering your clothes with an old pillowcase just in case. 🙂
26) If you would like to use the space under your bed, but it appears too low, simply place your bed on a set of risers. A set of (4) is very inexpensive…they aren’t just for dorms!
27) Repurpose and old wine rack for your valuables. Very Cool!
28) Or use an old ‘bin’ to organize your bags.
29) And last, but not least. Turn all the hangers in your closet backwards. Then as you wear something replace the hanger facing the other direction. At the end of the year, note how many (if any) are still facing backwards. This might help you purge your closet of items you truly are not wearing any longer.
For another great tip, click here!