Chili season is here! This creamy and spicy slow cooker white chicken chili might just replace traditional as your new family favorite!
Chili is such a versatile dish for this time of year. It’s great for potlucks, game day or a comforting dinner after running around in the chilly air. But some recipes require lots of prep. This slow cooker recipe is perfect for busy fall or winter days, when you need to prepare something warm and delicious, but easy.
The Chunky Chef brings us her favorite chicken chili recipe, souped up with spices, corn and cream. Put fixins like sour cream, cheese, avocado, lime wedges and tortilla chips alongside and folks can make their own bowls of chili perfection.
Here’s your ingredient list for creamy, Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 15oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 4oz cans diced green chiles (try one hot, one mild)
- 1 15oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- small handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
Pop over to The Chunky Chef for the complete recipe.
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Cook A Whole Chicken In Your Crockpot And Dinner Will Melt Off The Bone