What’s better than two great tastes that taste great together? Three! Peanut butter pie with chocolate and pretzel crust knocks dessert out of the park!
There’s no doubt that we love us some peanut butter around here! Who doesn’t love that creamy (or crunchy) texture that can be savory or sweet. So when we heard about peanut butter pie, we had no doubt that it would be a winner. Then, go ahead and put it on a crust of crunchy pretzels mixed with rich chocolate and we are pretty much in heaven.
That’s exactly what the amazing folks at Sugar Apron put together as they bring us a mile high pie, loaded with taste and texture. With a delicious recipe like this, you can truly make dessert the main event! I would gladly fast all day, just to have an extra slice of this mouth-watering masterpiece.
Here’s your ingredient list for Deep Dish Peanut Butter Pie with Pretzel Crust:
- 3 cups of ground pretzels, (about 6-7 cups whole pretzels, you can ground these until they are crumbs or leave them a bit thicker for more of a toffee bark texture), plus more for decoration about 1/4 cup
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy (I used crunchy for texture)
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz Cool Whip (you can use lite)
- Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups for decoration
Head on over to the folks at Sugar Apron for the complete recipe.
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Simple Pie Crust Art Turns Your Dessert Table Into A Gallery