This Modern DIY Outdoor Bench Is Giving My Outdoor Space A Chic Look.
In the summer, my outdoor space may as well be my living room. We spend so much time outdoors that I realized that my outdoor living room needs some decor-love too. DIY Candy has the perfect modern DIY outdoor bench that you can make for a fraction of the cost of the ones that you see in those home magazines. This bench is so chic, that when the summer is over I may have to bring this indoors.
Here’s what you will need:
- Regular 2 x 4s – pine, not pressure treated (see Cut List below; also you may want to use pressure treated wood if your bench is going to be exposed to the elements, though it is more expensive)
- Exterior grade Liquid Nails (or other construction adhesive made for wood)
- Bar clamps
- Thompsons water seal and stain (Nutmeg)
- Table saw
- T square – or something to make sure edges are square
- Hand held belt sander with a 80-grit and 120-grit
- Sanding blocks – 80-grit and 120-grit
- Surface protection – cardboard box, tarp, etc
- Optional – drill and four feet if you don’t want the bench to touch the patio or ground directly
For the full instructions, check out DIY Candy