These are essentially bacon donuts…let’s be real!
Yes, the bacon is wrapped around a slice of onion, with some mozzarella cheese layered in between, seasoned and grilled…but c’mon it’s the bacon that we’re hankerin’ for!
Just another Saturday night snack made in heaven!
As the motto goes…Be Prepared. Here is what you’ll need!
- 16-24 slices of bacon
- 1 can of sliced pineapple rings (we need 8 rings)
- 8 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 2-3 large sweet yellow onion, cut into ⅓ inch rings
- SYD meat rub
4) Tear the mozzarella string cheese in half.
6) Stack the mozzarella lined onion ring on the pineapple and start wrapping with bacon slices. Use two to three slices of bacon per ring. Just take it slow and keep it all in place and it will eventually wrap—sometimes it takes some repositioning or re-stuffing of string cheese into ring.
7) Once all wrapped, sprinkle on some SYD meat rub to your liking
8) Start up the grill and cook indirect at 400F for 30 minutes.
9) Optionally glaze with your favorite sauce.
10) Let cool down for a few minutes before serving.
11) Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as marinara.