To re-cycle is one thing…but to “UPCYCLE” is a whole ‘nother ballgame. And way more fun!! To “upcycle” is to find a new purpose for something you no longer need in its original form, shape or use. Take a look at these cool new ways to use some simple items you probably have just sitting around!
For example, go to any thrift store and buy and old painting (such as this one – minus the monster) and let your kids improvise using their own imagination!
1) If you have any old baseball bats sitting around, slice them up for awesome, instant coasters!
2) Check this out…you can feed the birdies using an old dust pan. Paint it up and make it super cute like this one!
3) Have a an old wrench…turn it into a hook! 🙂
4) Where was this idea when my 21 year-old was a color-scribbling-toddler? This is pure genius!
5) Sweet shelving idea – this crickety-old ladder makes quite the statement for any room.
6) When you’re done with an old yoga mat…turn it into a sleek laptop / tablet cover.
7) Who knew an old pair of folding chairs could be so functional?
8) Cut a globe in half and it becomes an awesome light fixture. Makes for a fun kids room!
9) What a great wedding gift idea? An old rake handle from your garage makes the perfect wine glass holder!
10) Before you sell your broken washing machine in the yard sale, you might want to consider this clever idea. The washing machine ‘drum’ itself is kinda cool. Seen here as a fire pit…
11) And here as a nightstand – offering an industrial flair! (great idea)
12) Love this…a swing for your yard from a broken chair! 😮
13) And this creative genius used a broken chair as a shelf in her bathroom. Love it!
14) When Dad was ready to donate his shirt, this mom turned it into a cute little dress for their daughter. SUPER CUTE!
15) Bummer…I just redecorated my bathroom. This would have been super fun to do with an old bike! *Next time.
16) Calling all tennis players out there…turning an old racquet into a mirror is a smash hit! (pun intended)
17) And for the bowling-lovers…check out this sweet counter-top. A refinished piece of the bowling alley lane offers a unique look.
18) Turn a classic into a classic night stand lamp. Edison would be so proud!
19) Wine barrels still have some life in them…here they’ve been converted to cool side tables.
20) And look how beautiful these old lightbulbs look hanging with some sweet flowers inside. So creative.