When I think of fall, I think of cinnamon, apples and pumpkins. ALL great flavors that taste great on just about everything!!
And when I saw this Fried Cinnamon Apple Ring recipe, I knew I had found a WINNER! They are really quite simple to make. And I’ll bet served with some vanilla ice cream isn’t so bad either!?
I hope you like it! 🙂
Can’t you smell the cinnamon from here? YUM!!!
- 3-4 large apples
- oil, for frying
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 cup milk + 1 tsp vinegar (or 1 cup buttermilk)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat a large shallow pot full of about 2 inches of oil over medium heat.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together your flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- In a small bowl combine your buttermilk and egg.
- In a third bowl combine your cinnamon and sugar for the topping then dump onto a plate.
- Dump your buttermilk and egg into the flour mixture and stir together.
- Slice your apples into thin round slices, about ¼ inch thick (I used my mandolin on thick). Cut out the cored of your apples and cut each apple slice into 2 rings using a round cookie or biscuit cutter.
- Dip your apple slices into your batter and allow excess batter to drip off.
- Put a few slices at a time into the preheated oil and allow to cook for a couple minutes, flipping after the bottom half is a golden brown color. Then cook on bottom side till browned too.
- Remove from oil and place on some paper towels to drip excess oil off.
- Dip apple slices into cinnamon sugar mixture, and coat on both sides.
Holy Cow – these look so delicious! Thank you, LMLD, for your recipe. For our next small group, I’m gonna WOW them with this scrumptious dessert!!