Easy Cheesy Crackers Recipe With A Spicy Kick Is The Perfect Snack
Growing up, Mom would make spicy cheese crackers for every holiday party. Cheesy crackers are the perfect road trip, after school, or just because snacks!
Looking for an incredibly easy, super quick homemade snack? These Cheesy Crackers are AMAZING. The flavor is what keeps bringing us back for more! Don’t Sweat The Recipe has a great instructional on how to make these crackers “just right” – full of flavor and an airy crunch. There are so many exciting versions of cheese crackers on the internet and we hope you try to make them all – but we think starting with a classic is the right idea!
Sometimes called “Cheese Straws” these shortbread-textured bites are the perfect cheese fix! Softer than traditional boxed cheese crackers, but not quite a cookie. Many people prefer them the first day they are baked as this offers the most crunch, but kept in an airtight container you could enjoy them long into the week. (The longer you wait, the softer they become!) The zest offered by the red pepper flakes (or cayenne powder) is a perfect match for the cheddar cheese. If you are a cheese-lover like we are, you might try sharp cheddar mixed in with regular cheddar for an extra taste kick!
How To Make Cheesy Crackers:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Shred your Cheddar Cheese (if it’s in block form)
- Using a food processor, pulse the cheese, butter, flour, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic into coarse crumbs
- Add your milk and process until a ball forms (I have to add a dribble more milk sometimes)
- Roll our the dough on a floured surface so that it’s ⅛” thick, cut into 1″ squares
- Place the crackers on a well greased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until the just start to brown.
- Store in an airtight container. These are best eaten the day you bake them.
Pop over to visit Leigh at Don’t Sweat The Recipe for the full ingredients and helpful tips!