I’ve said before and I’ll say it again…I love football and I love game-day gatherings at our house. Nothing fancy…just some family and/or friends to help balance my husband’s INTENSE love of the game. And we always have great snacks!
I am known for a particular dip (a recipe from my mother-in-law if you can believe it) that everyone usually expects…but I cannot wait to try this one out!
Check it out!
It appears, that this wife (who also loves game-day) threw a bunch of stuff together and came up with this incredible dip. *I wish I could do that…just throw some things together…
- 8 strips bacon
- 2 (11 oz) cans whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a cast iron or ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until slightly crispy. Remove from heat and set on paper towels to absorb excess grease. Drain off all but 1 teaspoon of the grease remaining in the pan. We want to use the bacon grease to grease the pan and add more bacon flavor to the dip. Crumble the bacon.
- Combine the corn, jalapeno, cream cheese, mozzarella, salt, cayenne, half of the bacon, and half of the basil. Scoop into the skillet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining bacon and basil, and parmesan cheese to taste. Serve immediately.
NOTE: This feeds (4) – so for a larger group, you might want to double or even triple the recipe.
Thank you, Host The Toast for this great recipe! I’m putting this bad-boy together this weekend! 🙂
For another great game-day snack, click here!