If you’re looking to put a spin on pancakes, turn them savory. Bacon and Corn Griddle Cakes offer a warm and hearty breakfast option, topped with the comforting sweetness of maple syrup.
Griddle cakes are certainly not a new thing, but not necessarily seen as a breakfast staple. Well, we ask “why not”? I mean, look at that photograph. That light and fluffy pancake, mixed with crunchy, smoky bacon and sweet corn. Made a little more interesting with a dash of cayenne and then turned it into a sweet/savory delight with the addition of gooey syrup. Lordy, my mouth is watering like crazy!
Thanks to Recipe Girl for bringing us this recipe and reminding us that there’s more to breakfast than eggs and toast!
Here’s your ingredient list for Bacon and Corn Griddle Cakes:
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen, canned or fresh corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- warm maple syrup, for serving
Visit Recipe Girl for the complete recipe.
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Bacon And Egg Sandwiches On A Sheet Pan Make A Group Breakfast A Breeze