Mrs. Rowe is the OG (Original Grannie). She’s serving up old school mixes in her book Mrs. Rowe’s Restaurant Cookbook. Today we’re taking a look at one of her recipes, Virginia’s Banana Pudding. MMMM….
- 2 large boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) container nondairy whipped topping
- 7 bananas, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk and stir until smooth and thick. Stir in the sour cream and whipped topping.
- Layer the pudding mixture, bananas, and vanilla wafers in a large bowl, making at least 2 layers of each. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until well chilled. Serve cold.
Find more delicious recipes like this from Mrs. Rowe’s Restaurant Cookbook: A Lifetime of Recipes from the Shenandoah Valley.