Yields approx. 4 cups
- 4 cups turkey drippings OR 4 cups turkey/chicken stock
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- If using turkey drippings, pour cooking liquids from your roasting pan through a strainer and into a container to cool. Note: if you don’t have enough drippings to amount to 4 cups, add water or turkey stock. If you’re not using turkey drippings, just use turkey stock.
- Melt 1 stick butter in a medium pan over medium-low heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Once melted, add in flour and whisk constantly so it toasts and combines with the butter.
- Continue whisking your roux until you’ve got a smooth, paste-like mixture.
- Slowly pour in your turkey drippings or turkey stock, stirring all the while.
- Cook gravy for another 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve immediately or keep on very low heat until ready to serve.
Find this and other great recipes from 12tomatoes.com.