Easter always offers an excuse to indulge in sweets – especially CHOCOLATE. We love all things egg-shaped this time of year and these chocolate Easter eggs will not disappoint!
One of the best parts about Easter dinner is all of the amazing desserts you get to eat. And this year, your family and friends will flip for these cheesecake-filled chocolate Easter eggs. With a cute egg shape, they are perfect for a Spring party. Not only do they add a little something special to your table, but they are also super delicious to eat. You better bring the recipe with you because this is a treat that everyone will be talking about. We bet you can’t eat just one!
Here’s What You’ll Need To Make Chocolate Easter Eggs:
- 1 heaping cup (160 g) raw natural cashews
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) coconut sugar or agave nectar
- 10-20 drops plain or vanilla stevia liquid, to your taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon extract, optional
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) full-fat coconut milk (from a can–I use Thai Kitchen)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) whole chia seeds, ground in a coffee grinder to a fine powder (about 2 heaping tsp or 10 ml powder)
- 1/2 tsp (2. 5 ml) lemon zest
- 4 ounces (110 g) good quality unsweetened chocolate
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) extra virgin coconut oil, preferably organic (use refined if you want no coconut flavor)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) carob powder, sifted
- 20-30 drops plain or vanilla stevia, to your taste (don’t overdo the stevia–better to keep it bittersweet)
For full instructions on how to make these amazing treats, head over to our friends at One Green Planet!
SUGGESTED FOR YOU: Adorable Easter Bunny Butt Cake