Chocolate Banana Bread Tempts the Tastebuds
Blending the best of both worlds – banana bread and CHOCOLATE – this recipe for Chocolate Banana Bread is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
It’s moist, full of flavor and overflowing with chocolate yumminess! Two Peas and Their Pod has the right idea – if you don’t like chocolate, we can still be friends… just give us your slice of Chocolate Banana Bread heaven! We are sure that your family and friends will devour this amazing bread – You might want to double the recipe and hide a loaf for yourself.
MAKE: Chocolate Banana Bread
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted butter and oil and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, you might have some melted chocolate chips on the toothpick and that is fine. You just don’t want a lot of gooey batter.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the bread and carefully remove from the pan. Let the bread cool on the wire cooling rack until slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve.
Make sure you visit Maria & Josh at Two Peas and Their Pod for all the ingredients and tips on making this amazing Chocolate Banana Bread!