Here are (14) K-Mart bargains that have been transformed into treasures!
Isn’t it amazing what a little paint and creativity can do for just about anything!? I’m gonna think twice before I give anything away. Maybe I can ‘upcycle’ some things!
The challenge is being able to see ‘past’ the color or intended purpose of items you find, whether at K-Mart or any yard sale. With some creativity and some paint…ANYTHING’s possible!
1) This candle holder ($7) … can be painted white and used as a centerpiece with flowers placed within. (see next pic)
2) Plain white lamp ($20) … can be painted any color your heart desires to look like this beautiful one below. Plus, add a strip of glittery tape and you’re set!
3) Plain black cushion ($5) … and add some metallic fabric paint spots and turn it into an eye-catching pillow in a chair!
4) Stool ($12) … all this plain stool needed was some paint. The legs could be silver, gold or black. Make it all you!
5) This wire stand ($6) and tray ($8) … can be put together for the perfect end table. Either or both can be painted to match your decor, as well.
6) Lamp ($20) … this simple white desk lamp just needs some love and color! Isn’t it amazing what some paint can do?
7) Colored cloud hooks (set of three $5) … if the color turns you off, don’t fret – just add paint and some washi tape!
8) Storage Unit ($12) … and with a coat of paint or some contact paper, it can become an awesome and useful item in any room.
9) Plain clock ($10) … but with some acrylic paint (on just the numbers) look how cool it is now!
10) Jar ($9) … just remove the top and paint it your favorite color before planting herbs or succulents. (Note: you might need to drill a hole for drainage or keep plants in original plastic container)
11) Jute Rug ($29) … love the rug but not sure of the yellow trim? We can fix that.
*Just paint the trim with some fabric paint!
12) Side table ($29) … looks a little boring in plain white but look how amazing it can look with some black and copper paint!
13) Canister ($5) … alter these simple kitchen canister with paint, contact paper or patterned duct tape. Now what do you think?
14) Storage boxes ($12) … can be so much more with some gold paint and accessories.
For more home decor ideas, click here!